• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hooollooween Photo Contest?

Oh I never thought of that :)

I would be willing to offer a "pair" of 8 x 10 prints of my photography for each international category. I sell these for £10 each. The winner may chose whatever photogaph they want (of mine) as their prize.

That would be brilliant Elle! If you can let me know the titles, I'll make note of it and get it added to the contest. =)

ohhhhhhhh, i must start clicking away with the camera then!!!!!!!!!!

with prizes like that elle how can i resist!!!!

presumably anyone who enters a photo cannot vote in that category??

as there are no live animals as prizes in the international section presuambly i can enter without getting as a parent to email you??

I would say it's alright to vote in the category..just please no one vote for their own pic! :)

The winner may chose whatever photogaph they want (of mine) as their prize.

i assume from this she means that the winner can choose whatever photograph they like.....;)

Title of the photo, or some other way to distinguish between the different images if you're going to have different ones? Does that make sense. lol...

Ohhhh well I'm not sure how I would do this as none of my photographs have titles and I literally have thousands people could chose from. Theres a link to my DA gallery in my signature which has a small selection of my work but I will update it and you can always just use that link :)

OK, that makes it a little easier... I'll figure out how to word it, and see if I can get it added to the rules later tonight. I have to crash right now as I'm not quite feeling well (ear infection that's not yet getting better) and I'm stressing about the 3 shipments I just sent out. (I always worry about any snakes I ship).

I'll check back in a few times in between though to answer PMs, e-mails or question if I can. Jenn

Just a bump.
The one drawback of emailing the pics instead of posting them - this thread gets buried and then people won't know there is a contest happening

Or another alternative is maybe Stef can post the entries anonymously as she receives them? I think that would be more eye catching than bumping this thread.
Not sure if that was the plan already or not. Possibly there are no entries as of yet.

Or another alternative is maybe Stef can post the entries anonymously as she receives them? I think that would be more eye catching than bumping this thread.
Not sure if that was the plan already or not. Possibly there are no entries as of yet.

The actual photo contest threads are stickied in the Photo Gallery. :) This thread was just for discussion.

Their have been entries submitted already (at least for the US). :cool:

Entries will be posted with a poll when submissions is closed.

How about two categories...
1. With proper cameras....

2. With cell/mobile phones..
That way everyone would get a fair crack of the whip....

Entries will be posted with a poll when submissions is closed.

I just think it would be a good idea to post entries as they are received. Seeing that there are photos up and that others have entered may be inspirational for some.
I never see the stickies because when I check out this forum I click new posts and stickies don't show up. I think many others use the same method to check this forum.

To those who donated snakes, it would be AWESOME to get photos of the snakes to post in the contest rules thread so contestants can get a glimpse at the prizes. :)

I just think it would be a good idea to post entries as they are received. Seeing that there are photos up and that others have entered may be inspirational for some.

I am not going to continually edit a thread to add entries; I also know some people don't want their photos to be used for "inspiration" by others. Entries will be posted after the submission deadline.

I never see the stickies because when I check out this forum I click new posts and stickies don't show up. I think many others use the same method to check this forum.

That's why links are posted to both contests in this thread. :)

I do see the point here. The contest were posted as stickys to ensure they don't get lost in the other threads. Unfortunately they are also over looked a lot because they don't stand out in "bold" like new threads do. Is there some way we could keep drawing attention to this thread so it helps others become aware there is a contest?

Maybe the people donating snakes could post pictures of the snakes here as well as submit them to TripleMoonsExotic?

Oh and here's the links to the contest stickys again for those that may no know where they are loctated:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74011

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74013

To those who donated snakes, it would be AWESOME to get photos of the snakes to post in the contest rules thread so contestants can get a glimpse at the prizes. :)
Hi Steph,
I will post pictures of the pair we have donated. I just have been super busy with work and kids sports I just haven't had the time in the last few days. I will have them posted on this thread within the next day. Sorry if this has caused any inconvenience.
Jay :cool:

I will post pictures of the pair we have donated. I just have been super busy with work and kids sports I just haven't had the time in the last few days. I will have them posted on this thread within the next day. Sorry if this has caused any inconvenience.

O no, Jay. It's cool. We had talked about it a few days ago, but then I forgot until just yesterday (or was that Friday? I've been sick and I don't remember!). :)

Jen, I stole two of your pics to stick on the Contest Thread later.

can the pictures entered just be pictures of the animal or do they have to have some relevance to Halloween??

Back