• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hooollooween Photo Contest?

The other thing I was thinking about...To decide who gets what without any hard feelings...After winners are voted on, have the three 1st place contestants provide their birth dates and whichever one is closest to Halloween, gets first pick of the prizes and so on, so forth. Do this also for the 2nd and 3rd place contestants respectively. We did this at my baby shower and it worked out really well. :cool:

Muahahaha my birthday is this month, I'm on board for this idea.
Especially since I can't take in any more live critters, lol.

I have a really stupid question....and it's probably been answered before in this forum,

But we are *not* allowed to edit any photo in the catergories other than the digitally-edited ones, right?

I have a really stupid question....and it's probably been answered before in this forum,

But we are *not* allowed to edit any photo in the catergories other than the digitally-edited ones, right?

Stupid question #2. How is anyone going to be able to tell if a photo was enhanced other then the obvious adding hats or costumes to our snakes?

The only "editing" that would be allowed for the non-photoshop category would be cropping.

Stupid question #2. How is anyone going to be able to tell if a photo was enhanced other then the obvious adding hats or costumes to our snakes?

I'm a graphic/web designer and I can tell. ;) I might not be able to catch very subtle changes from someone equally experienced with the software, but most things I can and will catch.

I would hope that people would be honest though and not try to "cheat." That ruins the whole thing for everyone involved.

Here are photos of the snakes I am donating for prizes. The male would not stay still so his photo is not so great. I included a photo of him from a few months ago. He has a nice wide stripe down his belly!

Last edited:
Hello Everyone!

I have been away for the past 2 weeks, so am just now catching up on emails and forum threads. This sounds like a great idea!

If it is not too late, I would like to offer a prize: winner's choice of any one corn book (by us, Don S. or Chuck P.) that I sell on my site, OR a choice of one of Bill's photo prints on my site. I will include postage to anywhere in the US OR even international (we need more prizes for our international members, I think!)

Let me know (organizers) if that sounds good to you.

I am excited to see what cool photos members come up with this year! I can think of some interesting ideas, but we have too much to do after our long "working vacation" to think about new projects right now.

I have been away for the past 2 weeks, so am just now catching up on emails and forum threads. This sounds like a great idea!

If it is not too late, I would like to offer a prize: winner's choice of any one corn book (by us, Don S. or Chuck P.) that I sell on my site, OR a choice of one of Bill's photo prints on my site. I will include postage to anywhere in the US OR even international (we need more prizes for our international members, I think!)

Let me know (organizers) if that sounds good to you.

I am excited to see what cool photos members come up with this year! I can think of some interesting ideas, but we have too much to do after our long "working vacation" to think about new projects right now.

Kathy that sounds like a great idea. We do need more international prizes. I'll let Jen know and she could add the books to the list.

Thank you very much!

On voting. Are you allowed to vote once on each category or multiple times? Where do you vote? On live animal prizes do you have to take snake pairs offered as prize or are gifts certificates available. If gift certificates are available can they be used toward the purchase of a 2009 snake that person may have at that time. ( example -- You win two ghost and you would like a redblood instead, can you use certificates toward purchase of redblood and pay any difference if person has redbloods.)

I'd be willing to do a gift certificate towards other snakes if somebody won my ghosts and didn't want those particular snakes and DID want something else I had available and was willing to pay the difference. However I can't accomodate requests to use these certificates towards morphs I don't have and don't ever plan to have like bloodreds. So it would be a lot easier if the winner actually wanted THOSE snakes. (And if you don't, why enter? I didn't enter a contest at another site because the prize is an albino burm and I have no desire to take on a big snake)
I also think it's hard to ask people to carry over the credit until 2009 because some people may not have plans to breed or things can happen. I'd rather see any prize get settled this year.

I'd be willing to do a gift certificate towards other snakes if somebody won my ghosts and didn't want those particular snakes and DID want something else I had available and was willing to pay the difference. However I can't accomodate requests to use these certificates towards morphs I don't have and don't ever plan to have like bloodreds. So it would be a lot easier if the winner actually wanted THOSE snakes. (And if you don't, why enter? I didn't enter a contest at another site because the prize is an albino burm and I have no desire to take on a big snake)
I also think it's hard to ask people to carry over the credit until 2009 because some people may not have plans to breed or things can happen. I'd rather see any prize get settled this year.

Anyone who wouldn't want the cute pair of ghosts your offering is crazy!!! I'll take them off there hands... ;)

On voting. Are you allowed to vote once on each category or multiple times? Where do you vote?

You are allowed to vote once in each category. A poll will be posted so every one can vote.

On live animal prizes do you have to take snake pairs offered as prize or are gifts certificates available. If gift certificates are available can they be used toward the purchase of a 2009 snake that person may have at that time. ( example -- You win two ghost and you would like a redblood instead, can you use certificates toward purchase of redblood and pay any difference if person has redbloods.)

I too would be willing to exchange the pair I am offering for some thing else. But if it is a morph of a higher value than the ones offered, the winner would have to pay the difference. Not to mention I am pretty much out of '08 babies so getting some thing else would have wait until next year.

To help avoid confusion, it would probably be best if some ones not interested in getting the snakes offered in one contest then don't enter that one.

Wait, wait, wait...
This is whole "exchange" thing is going to completely cause confusion. The point of having the "other prizes" category was so that winners that could not or did not want to accept the live animal prizes in their category could select from the "other prizes" available instead (and the third place winner gets to select a prize from that category as well). The list of all currently available prizes is on the Halloween Photo Contest thread.

Wait, wait, wait...
This is whole "exchange" thing is going to completely cause confusion. The point of having the "other prizes" category was so that winners that could not or did not want to accept the live animal prizes in their category could select from the "other prizes" available instead (and the third place winner gets to select a prize from that category as well). The list of all currently available prizes is on the Halloween Photo Contest thread.

Sorry about that. I completely forgot about doing it that way.

Sorry about that ::crying::crying: Ghosthouse, Beker, and whoever else I may have offended. I would love to win one of your snakes. I just wanted more information in general. It was mentioned that some people were going to do that. Sorry curiosity killed the cat.

Sorry about that ::crying::crying: Ghosthouse, Beker, and whoever else I may have offended. I would love to win one of your snakes. I just wanted more information in general. It was mentioned that some people were going to do that. Sorry curiosity killed the cat.

LOL I'm not offended at all. :)

Back