• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Official Daytona 2008 Thread

I'll be there and should make the dinner this year. I missed the dinner last year and heard I missed a good time. Looking forward to meeting alot of you.
My table # 149

Hope to see ya'll there.

Walter,
:crazy02: BOUT' CORNS !!

Me, too! Arriving Friday, leaving Sunday, staying at the Hilton. REALLY looking forward to this, meeting y'all and attending the dinner!

Yes, we will have 2 tables there...

Chuck and Connie will be helping out at my table part of the time, and so will Gino (Lost World Reptiles). Maybe we will all get a chance to walk around a bit with so much help, lol! So stop by and say "hi" to all of us. We will also all be at the Sat. night dinner (except Bill - he may go for some of the talks instead).

See y'all soon!

Hey all,

I will be there Sat.

I checked my dog show calendar and decided to pass on the Obedience show so I could make it.
This is my first time, I am so excited.

Katie, what are the plans for car pooling??

- Lisa

Cool! So glad to hear that some who missed last year are coming this time, as well as some new faces. This is going to be one giant fun fest :D

- Lisa

I'll actually be driving this time, so I'll be bringing the Jeep.
Still debating on whether to put the back seat in and the doors and windows back on... guess I'll have to keep an eye on the weather... :D

I am going to take pictures like crazy!!!! Can't wait for the post show posts either.

I'll actually be driving this time, so I'll be bringing the Jeep.
Still debating on whether to put the back seat in and the doors and windows back on... guess I'll have to keep an eye on the weather... :D

Personally - I think it makes more sense for us to have the back seat out to have room for suitcases and cooler. If that is the case - we may not be able to "carpool" in one vehicle - but any one who wants to follow us over to dinner can meet up with us before we leave the show. We have done that previously as well. It is really easy to get to - but we certainly don't want anyone getting lost and missing out!!

I am trying to keep a running "tally" of who is going to be there this year so I can make sure to get in touch with everyone before that weekend to make sure I have everyone's correct names (I hate not knowing someones name when I meet them!) and to hand out my cell phone number so we can meet up at the show! Anyone who wants to pm me in advance - feel free - otherwise - I will be contacting you as we get closer!

I am just dying for that weekend to get here - the anticipation is killing me!

I'm so happy I checked this thing today, I live in Daytona and didn't even know of such an event...needless to say, I will be there. Thinking of a plan now on how I'm going to set up a new tank and convince my b/f it was there all along.

I'm looking for a R.O. any advice since this is my first show? Also, what is the dinner???

20 days left. I just don't know how I'm going to explain the mass inventory I am going to purchase in one weekend.

I'm looking for a R.O. any advice since this is my first show? Also, what is the dinner???

Personally - I try to take a walk around the entire show to get an idea of who has what and at what prices before making a purchase. There are going to be some great vendors there so I am pretty sure you will be able to find what you are looking for. A great place to start for an R.O would probably be Kathy Love. Not sure if she has any available - but since she is a member here - you could probably PM her and see what she has and maybe set it up to have one picked out already that you could pick up at the show.

Dinner is just a group of us from the forum that get together to eat, hang out, BS, talk shop..etc.etc.etc... We go to a buffett in Daytona so that everyone can have what they want.

I know I am counting down the days already - I am uber-excited as always about this show and seeing everyone again!

I should have a few pairs of very nice r.o. at the show. Of course, I am sure there will be LOTS of nice ones there. John from Suncoast usually has some super ones - almost bought some myself from him last year to outcross to mine - maybe I will this year if they are as nice as last year's babies. You won't have any trouble finding a good selection of them there!

20 days left. I just don't know how I'm going to explain the mass inventory I am going to purchase in one weekend

I've got the same problem!!! how am I going to explain my list to my husband:) Cant wait!!!

I'm curious if anybody else is going specifically looking for something. I'm definitely looking for these, but will probably bring back alot more:

1.0 Charcoal Corn
1.0 Okeetee Corn
0.1 Pastel/Snow/Mojave Ball Python (can't decide yet)
any Scarlet Kingsnake (adult)

I am not looking for anything specific in corns - I seem to have an impulse buy issue with those while at Daytona. I just see something I like and buy it!

The only thing I am specifically looking for and hoping to get this year are a 1.1 or 1.2 of San Luis Potosi Kingsnakes.

i wanna go, Lol Am in FL and only a few hours away. But still cant seem to make it! grr..well i hope somehow i get to go

Well have fun you guys! I'm going to Vegas for my Birthday this year, so I'll miss out, but hopefully I'll make it again one of these years!!!

Back