• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Palmetto arrived today

I doubt I'll breed her next year, even though I'd bet the 300 gram mark will be easily reached. I'll wait until het males are floating around, probably in 2014 or later. Still tinkering with displaying her in my shop, but will need to look into some theft-resistant caging.

Well, having reached well over the 350 gram point, and after speaking with Don, I ran my friendliest male tessera, Champ through her. She has had two pre lay sheds now, and looks like she is about to bust. So barring tragedy, I will have het palmettos this year.

Also, never moved her to the shop for display. I got irritated enough when people would tap on the glass of normals, I'd probably be ridiculously protective with her. And I have had one snake shoplifted from my store (he was caught), and just couldn't take that risk. I like having her near where I sleep. :)

Fingers crossed for good, healthy babies! You are holding back all of the Tessera's right? LOL I WOULD!

I don't blame you for not keeping her at the shop, there's no way I would either.

When I first got her settled in, I couldn't put her down. I don't handle my snakes a ton, but I bet she averaged several hours those first few weeks. I don't think I handled snakes as a kid so much! It was almost as bad with the scaleless, because she feels so neat. But she's shy by nature, so I've not given her quite as much.

Beautiful girl you have there. Any idea what you will be selling your het males for? I would be interested in a tessera het palmetto if possible.

I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, so to speak. I'll want to hold back at least three males for breeding and backup, and this is this girl's first year. I haven't seen a male palmetto (or het) offered for sale yet, but any that might be tessera won't influence the price. I assume you have a female?

yes i have a female. Talked to Don about picking up a male this coming year, but if there are none available a het male would be just fine.

Oh I wish I could have a Palmetto. When I first became interested in corns, I just go goggled corn snake and a palmetto popped up. Knowing nothing, I thought, oh I want one that color and started searching. When I finally found the price....LOL, I got Charisma instead.

Yeah, I think a lot of us were sticker shocked at first!

yes i have a female. Talked to Don about picking up a male this coming year, but if there are none available a het male would be just fine.

Cool, I'll update the eggs, clutch, etc. in this thread. I can't be the first to pair up this year, surely...

Great, thanks Chip. Yeah Rich hume told me he also breed to a Tessera.. you know how it goes, just reaching out a little so i may have a chance to get a male or het male once everyone establish's what they will be keeping (gatta obsess over something) :) I wish you the best with this clutch

Aw, thanks. I'll dig through my gallery. She's cozied up in a nesting box at the moment. I do have a progression thread in this forum, I believe.

I thought this snake was gravid three different times. I had given up on her for the year, when she suddenly got thick in the middle and gave me a pre-lay again. 19 days later:
10387606_1497551667173405_6851948259105001403_n.jpg

Yeah, since I think palmetto will trump other mutations except for eye color, I just used a sweet, solid tessera male, Champ, his only het is het amel. Breeding size het palmetto males aren't floating around out there, to my knowledge.

I thought this snake was gravid three different times. I had given up on her for the year, when she suddenly got thick in the middle and gave me a pre-lay again. 19 days later:

Even though I have no interest at all in Palmettos, a big congrats to you Chip !!
Good luck with them.

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

Back