• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ultramel Anery or black rat snake cross?

Kaynein

Kaa has been called both. Some would say ultramel anery because of his blue eyes, others would say black rat cross because of the shape of his head. I dunno what he is, but he is beautiful and I adore him.

[Yes, I've uploaded these pictures before. I'm cheating. Can upload more if needed.]

Attachments

• 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    203.2 KB · Views: 173
  • 20120415164121.jpg
    20120415164121.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 20120415164217.jpg
    20120415164217.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 173
My guess would be a rat snake cross. First off because of the head shape, although it is not as big as a black rat head he just has the look of one, and the lack of belly checkers. My black rat has more belly marks than that but those look more like hers than that of a corns to me.

We already know that the "Frosted" corns are derived from Corn Snake X "WhiteOak phase" Grey Rat Snake, which it appears to have the frosted look.
There is also speculation that the ultra trait is also derived from the Grey Rat, which that belly screams to me.

What ever it is, it's a very attractive looking snake IMO.

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

We already know that the "Frosted" corns are derived from Corn Snake X "WhiteOak phase" Grey Rat Snake, which it appears to have the frosted look.
There is also speculation that the ultra trait is also derived from the Grey Rat, which that belly screams to me.

What ever it is, it's a very attractive looking snake IMO.

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

I very much agree Walter. The sparse "dots" on the belly, and the head pattern are VERY indicative of it being an obsoletus (ratsnake) x corn cross.

~Doug

It "looks" like some of the TS stuff, which is thought to a "frosted corn" line. Belly, pattern around the head and the "look" of the head is off a bit. Doesn't mean it isn't an ultramel anery A tho, and doesn't look like an black rat/corn cross, at least to me. Real neat, a fun "project" animal to breed out to see whats what.

Back