• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

we haven't got a clue...help?

sierraherps

Sean, Mary Ann & the kids
These parents...
both '04 Upper Keys motley's, bloodred and amel hets, male is reported to be from the "Loveline"...

picture.php

After 2 unsuccessful years of double clutching eggs without a single hatching, (due to technical and equiptment errors, a total of over 25 eggs per each year failed to pip) - But, this year, day 49 after laying, this same mated pair produced THIS:

picture.php

picture.php

We now know it had a twin that died still in the egg - until the eggs attatched to that egg pip, we won't know exactly what the twin was nor at what stage it died. Also, there are still 4 to 6 eggs that are still plump as can be, showing no "indents" typical of getting ready to pip.

Sooo, any idea's?? What the heck is it? LOL other than very special and wonderfully marked? and as always, thankx for your help and for looking! Oh yeah, did I mention that this premie was a Birthday Morning Surprise for the Hubby...? What a present huh!?!

oh yeah... also, this thing is SO tiny... I TRULY do NOT see it eating a pinky even... maybe if we cut it in half lengthways..? Any suggestions? He is VERY active and tongue a flicking! ....??

Well, I guess "tiny" doesn't always matter when it comes to lunch... this is the pretty tiny herself "lil Momma" devouring an FT large adult mouse last year - LOL

picture.php

I have no idea what the hatchling is - what ever it is, it's STUNNING. :)
But neither of the parents looks Motley to me. I'd say they're normal patterned and not Motley. Do they have belly checkers or white bellies?

If the parents are Upper Keys, especially from that long ago, they could be very close to WC stock, and could have clear bellies from their Upper Keys heritage.

What temps are you incubating at? For a corn to pip at day 49, your heat was probably higher than normal...which can cause funky patterns on the babies. It's very cool, either way!

What temps are you incubating at? For a corn to pip at day 49, your heat was probably higher than normal...which can cause funky patterns on the babies. It's very cool, either way!

Really? Sorry to distract, but I didn't realize that. Interesting....

you could call it mine..lol I wont mind :) its a beautiful little baby. Maybe you could just offer it a head for now.

Heat spikes are thought to be the cause of many abnormalities in hatchlings...

I guess I just wouldn't have thought it could have such an effect on just the pattern, but now that I think about it it does make sense... Biology fail.

Going against my rule of not trying to guess a morph, BUT...

It looks like maybe a terrazzo or possibly a motley terrazzo. That said, I do agree with the other posters, one of the parents don't look like a motley but you can tell by pattern alone. Also, your snakes can't be Motley Upper Keys. Upper Keys is a a locality so you would technically be Motley outcrossed Upper Keys Corns. Either way, since Terrazzo is from the keys line, this would be my guess. Temps could cause it also, but who knows without knowing the full heritage of your parent snakes.

dc

I have no idea what the hatchling is - what ever it is, it's STUNNING. :)
But neither of the parents looks Motley to me. I'd say they're normal patterned and not Motley. Do they have belly checkers or white bellies?

The Parents are definately Mott, I have seen them for myself. Although I do agree they don't really look so on their pics. (Sierra Herps are my Parents)

If the parents are motleys, then it's a pin-striped motley. Nothing too unusual about that other than it's a really nice pin-striped motley.

If the parents are Upper Keys, especially from that long ago, they could be very close to WC stock, and could have clear bellies from their Upper Keys heritage.

Upper Keys have been produced in captivity for many years prior to 2004. ;)

Nice trundlefart! Congrats

Back