• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Metal in a mouse...My Poor Festivus

That's positive news, Beth! I'm waiting with bated breath for him to shed.

Festivus is lucky to have a mommy like you!!

good luck Beth. I wish you the best. if you have to tube him wate another week. there is a multi vitanmin with cal. in it I think it ios called vita cal, alot of bearded dragon breeders use it for sick dragons.

Good luck but I really do implore you to reconsider the feeding attempts. The area is probably inflamed and should be left well enough alone- it can cause much more harm then good. The esophagus will be stretched from even the most minor of food items.
Once the infection that caused the swelling recedes- sure, but it's not like he will starve to death, not by a long shot.

I don't think he ever had an infection. He was on antibiotics within hours of the injury. He was impaled by a foreign object and had major surgery! That caused the swelling.

Yes, he was put on antibiotics immediately after the surgery, and was on them for 3 weeks. There is no infection.
The back of his neck is mishapen but it's not from infection.

I tried on Sunday but will probably wait now til after his shed.

Good luck, Beth. Thanks for keeping us posted. I think the entire forum has cyber-adopted your lovely Festivus. Still keeping the toes crossed for you.

Thank you, Lori.

This entire forum is so supportive and wonderful.
I wonder if my boy can feel all the healing vibes on some level....:)

Thank you, Lori.

This entire forum is so supportive and wonderful.
I wonder if my boy can feel all the healing vibes on some level....:)

Oh he definitely can ^_^.

And when he finally noms his first meal in so long you should snap us some pics of him eating so we can celebrate with you.

I'll post the pic, and it will be like "Break out the vodka and Red Bull! Festy's eating!" :D

Right now I can't even imagine him eating...it seems like a long way away....

My non-snake-loving-husband just said that if Festy doesn't eat on his own, he's willing to help me tube feed him or do whatever it takes to pull him through....

I just hope he eats on his own, after he sheds.....

Sad little boy used to eat everything offered...breaks my heart that he won't now....

Last edited:
Beth, give the little guy a break!!! He's blue! And he had surgery! He'll recover. He needs time.

After Noah regurged, he was blue. He was limp, and looked like he had a huge hollowed-out part in his belly, and his skin was hanging in folds. Then he shed, he ate, and he looked normal! And when Jasmine, the little kinked girl, is blue, she is so limp and dull I _swear_ I have thought she was dead.

I wonder is a nice soak would feel good to him, plus hydrate him if he needs it.

Oh Nanci,
I wouldn't DREAM of doing anything like that for at least a month!!!
Or more!

And I would have to get advice from at least 5 or 10 people who have actually done it, on how to do it.....

Just struck me as funny, coming from the hubby is all!

I'll post the pic, and it will be like "Break out the vodka and Red Bull! Festy's eating!" :D

Right now I can't even imagine him eating...it seems like a long way away....
Geez I must be uber hormonal right now. This post just made me all misty. ((((Festivus&Beth))))) What a bit sigh of relief it's going to be for US when he eats, I can only imagine how you're going to feel, Beth. We'll have a "HATS AND HORNS" party!!

At first I thought you meant you wouldn't dream of soaking him...

LOL no no!!
I mean soaking good...
force feeding bad... :)

He did look better when I got home a few minutes ago. Still has that funky bend in his neck that scares me but seemed to be feeling ok....

My non-loving-husband just said that if Festy doesn't eat on his own, he's willing to help me tube feed him or do whatever it takes to pull him through....

I just hope he eats on his own, after he sheds.....

Sad little boy used to eat everything offered...breaks my heart that he won't now....

did anyone else notice this? lol.
just trying to lighten the mood..

I'm sure Festy will be alright beth.
When I first got my BRB she didn't eat for nearly 2 months....
she was just a baby and she pulled through...

good vibes too both of you....

Beth, it just occured to me, and Nanci is a nurse so she can back me up on this, after surgery you don't get anything to eat until you move your bowels. Believe me, I know, and it can take days.

Back