• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Metal in a mouse...My Poor Festivus

Actually, I'm an x-ray tech- DiamondLil is the nurse. From my end of the business, if you don't leak- you're good to go!

Well, he had eaten 5 days before the accident, and pooped about 3 days before.....

But the antibiotics did cause a tiny amount of runny poo...maybe that counts?

Oh no, that's not good enough. Get out your stethoscope. We're gonna need good bowel sounds and maybe pass a little gas. If thats the best you can do, you might get a cup of mouse broth.

Actually, I'm an x-ray tech- DiamondLil is the nurse. From my end of the business, if you don't leak- you're good to go!
As I'm a gastro nurse, I have to say I prefer non-leaking patients too! There wasn't any bowel surgery, it was the throat? I'd monitor weight and wait for the swelling to subside before offering food, personally

The tissue is still inflamed, and is still sensitive as long as it is still swollen. Also, that tissue is highly susceptible to infection because of it's state(which is why Antibiotics was prescribed to begin with) and the immune system is working over-time.
I'm a certified Vet technician if that helps,

Snakes are perfectly capable of going through months without feeding, even colubrids- Corns included. I deprived food from my Ratsnake for 2 months past his surgery- and he didn't lose a lot of weight at all, if anything, this "time off" for his digestion system only helped it recover better.

That's my advice, do with it as you deem fit.

Good luck with the little fella,
Oren.

Oh no, that's not good enough. Get out your stethoscope. We're gonna need good bowel sounds and maybe pass a little gas. If thats the best you can do, you might get a cup of mouse broth.

Funny thing Wade, after you posted that I was greeted by a nasty pile of urates when I opened Festy's cage!

I will try to get a pic or 2 of him this morning. He really is looking better....

Funny thing Wade, after you posted that I was greeted by a nasty pile of urates when I opened Festy's cage!

I will try to get a pic or 2 of him this morning. He really is looking better....

Beth, as you know I've been following this thread religiously but, if you succumb to posting poop pictures I'm unfriending you!;) Pics of the recuperating Festy are welcome though. Just limit yourself to his front end.:D
Terri

Beth, as you know I've been following this thread religiously but, if you succumb to posting poop pictures I'm unfriending you!;) Pics of the recuperating Festy are welcome though. Just limit yourself to his front end.:D
Terri

LOL! I cleaned his tub immediately and put in fresh papers for him so no worries there! Can't chance him laying in that mess :)

Wade, that's SO GROSS!:puke01: I've had 4 abdominal surgeries, so I unfortunately know from whence you come, but EWWWWW!

Beth, I'm delighted to hear some positive signs are showing up with Festy! (And I second Terri's motion for no poop pix!) Soon he'll shed, then he'll eat, and we'll all have a celebration. :cheers: Lori's right; the whole forum has emotionally adopted Festy. You too, in a totally non-creepy way!

Here are a few pics I took this morning.
See the hump at the back of his neck in the last pictures?

He also has what looks like a V shaped slice in his skin farther down that you can see in the pictures. I have no idea where it came from, it wasn't there when he came home from surgery...

Attachments

• Festivus110508a.jpg
    Festivus110508a.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Festivus110508b.jpg
    Festivus110508b.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 130
  • Festivus110508c.jpg
    Festivus110508c.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 132
  • Festivus110508d.jpg
    Festivus110508d.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Festivus110508e.jpg
    Festivus110508e.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 133
He looks great! Look how bright (alert) he looks! He definitely has the will to live.

Did you see the person on here, new, that has the snake with a broken neck, where it's stuck at a 45 degree angle? (He was like that when she got him). He does fine, like that!!

It's nice to see him exploring and poking his head out of the tub! Like others, I was expecting much worse.

I'm sure he'll pull through this!

Awesome!! I'm so happy that he's doing so well.

I have to admit though that the first picture scared me!! I was like "What the heck is that sticking out of his neck!! Oh no! It's worse than I thought!!!"... but then I was like.. oh... it's just someone's hand printed on the newspaper, heh.

Glad he's doing better... and about that cut, does it look like it's just a skin abrasion or does it look like it came from inside? I don't mean to frighten you at that idea but I thought I'd bring it up. It LOOKS like just a skin wound, but I'm not there in person, so I had to ask just to be on the safe side.

Back