• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Metal in a mouse...My Poor Festivus

Glad he's doing better... and about that cut, does it look like it's just a skin abrasion or does it look like it came from inside? I don't mean to frighten you at that idea but I thought I'd bring it up. It LOOKS like just a skin wound, but I'm not there in person, so I had to ask just to be on the safe side.

At first I thought the vet had missed a piece of the metal, even though she said that she thought she got it all. But it feels flat when you touch it, and it doesn't seem to hurt him. I think if a piece had been missed, he might be dead now from internal injury. I noticed the cut about 2 weeks ago. I want to see what it looks like after he sheds.

Well that's good to hear. I'm sure he'll be one happy camper after he sheds and then eats ^_^. (((((Beth&Festivus)))))

Too bad you don't live by me- we'd bring him in for an x-ray! That would rule out stray metal...Seriously, I'm sure it would be boiling out in a huge infection if something was missed...

Too bad you don't live by me- we'd bring him in for an x-ray! That would rule out stray metal...Seriously, I'm sure it would be boiling out in a huge infection if something was missed...

I'm thinking the same thing :)

You could check with a light magnet, not the super-duper magnet...(I don't really think anything's there, though).

Beth, he looks so sweet and trusting, in spite of all he's been through. I'm delighted to see him so alert. (Even though I was horrified, like Jadie - it took me a moment to process that image. :) Keep your chin up. Festy's obviously trying to recover, instead of giving up. We're all pulling for you both.

Hi Beth...
Im wondering how your poor Festivus is doing, I havent seen anything new from you and I hope its cause he is better. I continue to send the two of you good thoughts and well wishes.
Sincerely,
Susan

Well here is the latest...he went clear well over a week ago, and should have shed by now, but he hasn't. His wounds in his neck look like they are healing, but overall he looks wispy and thin...

He hasn't eaten a thing, and was 96g on October 25, I'm afraid to weigh him because he's starting to look REALLY skinny and he feels very light when I pick him up.

This morning I looked in on him, and he was very weak and hardly moved. But somehow there were feces in the cage, even though his last meal was October 5. I held him while he drank, he can't seem to find the waterdish anymore, and after his drink he seemed a little more lively.

If only he would shed already!

Well here is the latest...he went clear well over a week ago, and should have shed by now, but he hasn't. His wounds in his neck look like they are healing,
I held him while he drank and after his drink he seemed a little more lively.

Thanks for the update....It seems he's really trying for you! Stay strong, we're all pulling for him!

He's really not looking good. He still hasn't shed, he's unresponsive, and his mouth is crooked and half open. He can't find the waterdish, but drank like a sponge when I held him near the water,opening his mouth really wide.
I offered him a brained pinky, and he wouldn't touch it. I think I will wait til tomorrow night and offer him a dripping wet pinky before offering him water...other than that I don't know what to do.
I'm pretty sure I'm losing him...

Come on, Festivus. You've held on this long, you can do it. And Beth, we're all hoping this crisis will pass and he'll turn around.

Oh, Beth ... I am so sorry to hear of this turn of events.:(
I'm still praying that he makes it though!
As far as rejecting his food, I don't think his current condition is due to a lack of food... so, just in case you are (or start to), don't beat yourself up over that aspect.
Have you been back in contact with the vet?

Back