• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Seriously In Search Of a PRO!

sierraherps

Sean, Mary Ann & the kids
This is a "general" question directed at the members who have been here the longest...

I figure there is probably a "consensus" among you about who here would be considered the closest thing to a walking "Corn-epedia". For instance, the most knowledgable person as far as recognizing corns by sight... and "stuff" like that. My Grammy taught me "If you want to know about bridges, ask the bridge builder! Not the Toll taker!" And I ALWAYS listened to my Grammy! LOL

Thankx in advance... (And I promise not to make myself a nuisance to who ever the "Corn-epdia" is... Just need the something cleared up for my own sanity! or, lack there of! LOL)

Mary Ann

umm.. whats your question? there are a lot of knowledgeable people here. Heck the owner of the site created some of the morphs you own. Kathy Love who wrote the Cornsnake Manual even post here on this site.

Please, by all means share. I'm pretty sure the person I'd list as a "Corn-pedia" would be the very first to tell you she doesn't know everything! (Kathy Love!) Depending on what it is you need cleared up there may be more than one answer that works for more than one person. There's many issues like that in the reptile world. :eek:

D80

yep, husbandry isn't always 2+2=4. There are different answers for different experiences. Just ask what is the "best" substrate to use is, you'll get 10 different answers. And there are some hot topics too where each "side" thinks they're in the right, the flaming would go on forever (and in circles) if some of us posted how we really feel.

If someone decides to doll out really bad advice here, other members are quick to post their opinions on the matter. As for who knows the most...I don't think there is a metric unit of measurement suitable for figuring that out, I'll leave it you imperial folk.

Basically you post the question and the forum will provide you with many Answers which may be similar or there may be a general consensus and then you can choose from those answers the bits you think are most relevant! ;)

There are loads of extremely knowledgeable snake keepers on this forum so i am sure most questions you could ask can be answered by at least one of them!

Hello to another Californian!

There are lots of people here who have been breeding many, many years, none of us have all the answers but I bet if you ask you'll get a good answer...

It really all depends on what you need an expert for.
Kathy Love wrote the book.
Rich Z has made a ton of morphs in his time.
Carol is the authority on Miami corns.

There are so many members here with so much experience, you'll find the answers you need to your questions, and then some. Don't be afraid to ask!

I would guess that Rich is one of the best for guessing morphs, because he has produced and seen more than most anyone else. But he gets stumped sometimes, too. Besides, he has SO many that he hardly ever has time to come around to read the threads, lol!

We are waiting...what do you have for us?

I'll save you the time of asking and go ahead and answer from the start: "Yes, cornsnakes lay eggs." There. What other questions could there be? LOL.

KJ

O M G ! ! LMAO!! You are all just the coolest! ...and pretty funny too!! My semi-criptic (or odd, some call it) post can be explained by...Well, since I found all 5 of our new snakes here...I did not want to ruffle any feathers by questioning the "info" that came with any of them... But, then again... It could be I just don't get AT ALL, how the "genetic" string and morph ID's work... So, here is ONE my question, in hopes that no one (ie; the sellers) gets upset.

Our youngest baby, "Da' Bandit" was advertised as a "Black Albino". The invoice listed him as:

Black Albino, 66% het Stripe, Carmel, Amel, Hypo Male And while researching "morphs/genetics" on my own, I found out these are also called: "Anerythristic type A"

When he arrived, his tag said this:

Anery,
66% Stripe
Caramel
Amel
Anery
Hypo

QUESTION #1 IS:
How can this little guy be "Black Albino, Amel & Anery" (pictured below) And just how would you write his genetic string to explain his description? (been doing ALOT of reading & researching all OVER the web, and I must be really confused somehow, huh!)

Da27Bandit3.jpg

Thankx in advance for this one....there are a couple more such questions concerning my other kids... will ask them after breakfast...
Oh yeah...and "HEY! SERIOUSLY?? CORNS LAY EGGS??" WooHoo! THAT'S A RELIEF!! The chickens will be glad for the break! <----- :p LMAO

Everything that's after the 66% are traits that he possibly has hiding in the heterozygous (non-showing) form.
Easiest way would be "Anery, 66% possible het Stripe, Caramel, Amel, and Hypo". At least, that's how I'm interpreting it.

Back