• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Your least favorite

For me, I really don't understand the appeal of Lavs. Most of the ones I've seen in the flesh are a sort of grubby pink/grey colour. Some Caramels can be pretty muddy brown/grey as well, although the "right" combo of brown/yellow can be beautiful.

Doesn't Connie Hurley do strawberry? What about Terri?? What about Don Soderberg?

I've checked their pages, but haven't found any listed in the available sections. I'll be looking again when the 2011 clutches are posted. I would like to know how much they are first, if its $80+ I can't afford that. I'm only a poor collage student after all.

A lot of times, they are not posted on their site. Like whenever I want a snake from Don (SMR) I call him and ask him for something particular. He will either know right then and there or go looking and get back to me. Like I was looking for a caramel with certain hets and he produced her like magic! So you have to go searching around and call/email them to see if they have any. If they dont, sometimes they can send you to someone who does.

I thought they'd only do that for other breeders or people with established collections, not someone looking for a forth snake.

But if you are looking for something particular, like strawberry, you might want to find out first who is actually producing them. If you can. Then email them. But I bet someone like Don or John F (Colorado Corns) or VMS (Sean Niland) could all steer you in the right direction if you asked.

It's also intimidating to buy a snake sight unseen, but from any of those breeders, you can bet they wouldn't send an inferior animal. Don even has a guarantee that you will be satisfied with how the snake ends up looking! He might be your best bet, since he has super cheap shipping. But Connie has a high likelihood of having them, if they aren't all gone.

I was hoping to get the next one or two from Don. If he didn't have a strawberry I'd settle for one of his ultramels or a lavenders.

I've checked their pages, but haven't found any listed in the available sections. I'll be looking again when the 2011 clutches are posted. I would like to know how much they are first, if its $80+ I can't afford that. I'm only a poor collage student after all.

Have you looked at their forum? *whispers* The Source

I know awhile back Connie and Chuck had a big add of a bunch of snakes available..
It's probably where their breeding plans for next season will be as well. If all else fails you can always shoot one of them a PM.

I think the solid colors or the tesseras (with the exception of one) are my least favorite. I really like to see a good pattern on a snake.

THat said I dont think I have really seen a snake that I went "I dont like that" to, just ones I prefure over others. I really like the anerys and the Lavanders that have a very vivid pattern too. but I have seen some lavanders that looked bland and didnt care for them to much.

Have you looked at their forum? *whispers* The Source

I know awhile back Connie and Chuck had a big add of a bunch of snakes available..
It's probably where their breeding plans for next season will be as well. If all else fails you can always shoot one of them a PM.

I've gone to that site a few times for eye candy. I'm under orders not to get another snake since we have such a small place and are planning to move sometime so I can enroll in a vet tech program. I think I choose strawberry on purpose because I can't find any and therefore lessens the temptation.

I've gone to that site a few times for eye candy. I'm under orders not to get another snake since we have such a small place and are planning to move sometime so I can enroll in a vet tech program. I think I choose strawberry on purpose because I can't find any and therefore lessens the temptation.

Uh oh, maybe I shouldn't send you this PM then...

Jessica, I think I like "morph police" even better than "grand bubble burster". :laugh:

hahaha, Thanks. It's more original too, "Grand Bubble Burster Jr." was borrowed from JoeJr14. He was much better at bubble bursting than I am. He wasn't afraid to be VERY blunt. :rolleyes:

lol i think it's almost making fun of myself.. I get so bent out of shape when I see mis-represented morphs! It's silly really.. :smash:

I used to not like caramel's, but recently I have found myself enjoying the way they look. I hope to add one to my collection one day, Preferably one that is het cinder, better yet, make that a 1.1 pair...LOL.
I don't think I like stand alone hypo's or the general normal you find in most pet stores... Though, I would love to get my hands on an Alabama corn, I love their look.

Wow! I am surprised to see that so many people dislike Caramels. I like them ok, but I like them even more when combined with other genes like Bloodred, Hypo, or Lavender. To each their own, I guess. Anyway, I gotta say that most of the Amel-based morphs are my least favorite. Not a big fan of red eyes. Reverse Okeetees, Fluorescent Oranges, and Sunglows do absolutely nothing for me. The photo Jessica posted of the Reverse Okeetee is the PERFECT reason why, lol!

Snake079.jpg

Eh, the 'orange' colors don't really do anything for me. Normals, Okeetees, and such. I've seen a few that are definitely exceptions though. And red eyes freak me out. As much as I love amels, I just couldn't do it. :p

Other than my baby bloodred, I love anything with patterns. :)

I think it's funny a lot of people don't like red eyes on any animal. I know of so many people who think red eyed animals are evil or creepy looking. I never could understand it. I just see it as a color and nothing more.

Back